With your help we can continue to provide support, for people with scoliosis and fund research into the causes and treatment of the condition
This website is operated by Scoliosis Association UK and the British Scoliosis Research Foundation. Throughout the site, the terms "SAUK", "BSRF", “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Scoliosis Association UK and British Scoliosis Research Foundation. SAUK/BSRF offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
What we collect
SAUK/BSRF do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to visitor's queries or enable them to use the forum. We do not use your details for marketing purposes and will not pass your details to other organisations. Any personal information we collect from this website and in other communications with you (telephone, letter or email) will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at our postal address SAUK 4 Ivebury Court, 325 Latimer Road, W10 6RA
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or identify you when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
It is possible to stop your web browser accepting cookies from one website or all websites through built in cookie controls. If you do this you may find that some aspects of this website and others stop working, or stop working as well (for example, login facilities and shopping carts may stop working completely).
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. The following links provide details on how to do this in a range of popular web browsers:
Use of the Website
All areas of the website are available to be viewed by anyone provided:
- The information contained within our website is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain;
- all copyright, and other proprietary notices are kept on the Material;
- any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by us before they are created;
- no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, modified, distributed, republished or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without our written permission.
Copyright, trade marks and database rights
- Copyright in the Material is owned by Scoliosis Association UK/British Scoliosis Campaign Fund or its content suppliers.
- The names and logos of SAUK/BSRF may not be used without our prior consent.
- You may not systematically extract or re-utilise parts of the Website without our prior consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation any parts of the Website without our prior consent.
- You may not create and/or publish your own database that features what we consider in our sole discretion to be substantial parts of this Website without our prior consent.